Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Post # 2 - Decorating

Today was our Pre-settlement demonstration. The house is looking great! The garage door opener works and I sure had fun pushing the buttons even my daughter. She would laugh when the garage door would open and close. Everything is looking sooooo Beautiful! Its an awesome feeling knowing that we will call this place our own. Only a few things needed touch up such as adding an extra coat of paint nearby our bathtub master bathroom. The doorbell does not work which surprised our PM since he said it was working a few days ago. So, he will get right on top of that. Our coach light outside by our front door light bulb is out so he will switch it out. He also mentions that they plan to put our sod in today or tomorrow but for sure we will have sod before we get our keys on Friday. I am thrilled about that. Its nice knowing that we will have grass when we move in.

Our second countdown would be "Decorations" I love that we can paint our house whatever color we want to our desire and if we wanted we can even put wallpaper up. In our apartment all the walls are white and we pretty much left it that way. Now with our new house we can do whatever we want. Paint our walls, re-do our floors like maybe in a few years we can put hardwood floors in. We can change out our carpet floors. I like our carpet now but its nice to know that we can change our floors to what we want. If we wanted to we can put granite countertops in the upstairs bathroom but the point is it is our house and we can decorate it to our liking. That is the fun part.

We will get our keys on Friday at 5pm. It is the day after tomorrow! I cannot believe the day that we been waiting for will finally arrive.

6 comments:

  1. No pix?!!
    Heh: she hasn't even moved in and she wants to replace the floors, the carpets, and the countertops - when we moved in to this house (which took almost 3 years to build, not just 3 months! Lucky you!), I walked in and said "OK, now I want to take out that wall and put a bathroom there ..." hehe! You will LOVE being able to decorate however you want, and Miss Abby can choose how to paint her own room, and ... you're gonna LOVE it! I seriously CANNOT wait to see you in your new home. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't want to replace the floors or countertops I am happy with it the wa it is now. It is just the idea that I can change it down the road if I wanted to while at apartments I am tuck with what I have. Believe me pictures will come on Friday when the sod is already in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pictures and hear how you are doing as you move into your new home! I know you will be busy, but I hope you won't be too busy to keep your blogger friends updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Make sure you have the paint picked out when Jeanette and I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh...so close now! Can you even sleep at night? I'd be too excited to. :) Can't wait to hear how closing and the move goes, and of course see pictures of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that you can decorate the way you want...stay away from the wallpaper though...it is a real pain...even if you put it up correctly, it is always a pain to take off and change out later!!! Just some advice from someone who has lived in two houses that were loaded with wallpaper...

    ReplyDelete