Monday, June 13, 2011

Post # 10 - Ceiling Fans

One more week and a half hopefully it will go by so fast! Looks like Hubby did a good job with the post last night haha even though I wished he would go more into details but I guess that is the wifes job! :)

I know you all are probably thinking that is a weird count-down but hey I am pretty excited that we will get to choose our own ceiling fans. We lived in 3 different apartments, one apartment had no ceiling fans while the other two only had one ceiling fan which was in the family room. We never had any ceiling fans in the bedrooms so I am pretty excited that we were able to get 5 rough ins! Yes, it is a bit of a pain that we would have to pick them out and install it but in my mind its worth it because we get the choice of what fans would look best in a particular room. We plan to get 4 ceiling fans upstairs for each of the bedrooms and one downstairs in the morning room. I plan to purchase a girlie ceiling fan for my daughter. I found one at Lowes which I thought would go great in her room. It is a color combination of pink, purple and blue. Summer time is going to be the perfect opportunity for me to decorate the house especially my daughters room.

Ceiling fans will add a nice touch to the house and especially in the summer time when it gets to be hot. We emailed our PM today asking for the possibility if there was a way Ryan homes can install our ceiling fans before closing so that there will be one less thing we would have to do when we move in. Hopefully we will hear back soon with good news. Fingers crossed.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie! It's been a while, but I've enjoyed catching up on your countdown. Everything looks great! I'm so excited for you. We have to get our ceiling fans, too. so many things to do. If Ryan could do it for you, that'd be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I never thought to ask Ryan about installing them but I will now. Let me know what your PM says so I can use that as leverage just in case. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-oh: if Ryan won't install them, I think we'll be arriving to quite a to-do list next month! ;-) Seriously, though, Stephanie - if Ryan won't, Jim certainly will! And there's nothing we'd like more than to be able to help in any way with your new home. CANNOT WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are waiting to hear back from PM about cost of installing our ceiling fans too! We have 6! So much to do...I feel like I disappeared:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did four ceiling fan rough ins and three overhead lights in the other bedrooms. I just bought a fan for the master bedroom. It's been sitting in the box for three weeks. My husband won't let me install it...hmmm I wonder why:-).

    I'm glad we get to pick out the fans we want, but it would have been really nice to have them in already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well we heard back from our PM he says "Ryan home is forbidden to install fixtures and ceiling fans before handing us the title of our house boo :( however he will change our garage door knobs since we dislike it that particular knob is different from the rest of the house. The garage door knob is round and all the other doors are hadle types. So thats the good part. Oh well you win some and lose some. At least we tried. We will be super busy when we move into our new house blinds, ceiling fan and a light fixture oh my! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They would install the ceiling fans but the choices are lousy and they want a fortune to install them...I think you can get Home Depot or Lowes to install them for you, but they are really simple to install...especially with the pre-wire and the rough-ins...at least lets hope they are simple...I will have 9 of them to do :(

    ReplyDelete